Sunday, March 16, 2014

Being Productive

When I first read this week’s module about productivity, I got nervous.  I didn’t think I used any productivity apps.  After reading all of the apps we discovered and what Dr. McCullough mentioned, I realized I was using many of them.  We have all of this technology to help us to be more productive and I think that is the important thing to keep in mind when trying to find apps that are productive for you.  Some of the apps I tried using were more steps or additional steps than what I was originally using to begin with.

Some of the apps I have been using have helped me to save time and manage my time more wisely.  I use an app with my daycare provider daily to keep track of my daughter’s feedings, diaper changes, medical changes, naps, and activities.  It helps my husband and I to drop her off and not need to recap when she last ate or slept and so on.  It links to all of our phones so we can stay connected. I honestly do not know what I would do without it!   As much as I originally didn’t want a smart phone or the availability to be available all the time, I don’t know what we did before them.
I have not found a place for productivity with my students; however I utilize apps that help me to become a better teacher, which in turns directly affects them.  My productivity apps allow me schedule meetings, keep up on emails and important notifications, determine meeting possibilities for many team members, and so much more.  This helps to free up some of my time, that I can use to plan more for my students.  The only thing I worry about is, sometimes we depend so much on these apps (a little too much).  If our phone breaks or computer we are left in the dark about many things going on in our lives and it is hard to function!

No comments:

Post a Comment